Whenever I produce a new work of fiction and have edited it at least three times, then I need someone like you to “beta read” it.
What You Do
This is what you do:
- Read the work within a certain amount of time, usually 1-2 weeks. If you can’t commit to read a certain work within that time frame, then please do not volunteer to beta read for that work.
- Take notes while you read. How does the story strike you? What parts work for you? What parts don’t? When does the reading become tedious? When does it become exciting?
- Take note of any spelling or grammar mistakes, any repeated words or similar errors in the manuscript.
- Send me your notes via email to [email protected]. This part is extremely critical, even if you did not finish within the alloted time.
What You Get
This is what you get:
- Priority access to me, the author. In fact, you become a very important member of my creative team.
- You help me shape my stories.
- Loads and loads of gratitude from me, the author.
- When I have extra stuff to give away, you will get it first.
- I’m willing to pay for really thorough beta reads that are done in a week and include copious notes.
Want to beta read my work in progress? Email me at [email protected]. I’ll put you on the super-exclusive list to get it once it’s ready. Or, I also have a Facebook group, if that works better for you. Join it here.