Submit as many stories as you like, up to 5,000 words each but ideally around 1,000 words.
These need to be complete stories with a beginning, middle and end, in any genre.
The deadline for your completed story/ies is Monday, March 30, 2016, so you have plenty of time. But you might as well get on board with this marketing opportunity right now!
You need to commit to helping me market the final anthology to the best of your abilities.
Anyone can submit, whether you are published before or not.
By the way, subscribe to my Author Collaboration List to get a short email when new opportunities like this arise.
Payment: It’s a marketing opportunity and you keep ownership of your story(ies), so you can re-use it/them in other anthologies, your blog, etc.
Monetary remuneration is not guaranteed because the revenue for this kind of project is likely too small to justify the amount of accounting involved.
You get the benefit of my investment of as much as $300 in a cover and formatting that will produce mobi, epub, pdf and paperback versions of the anthology.
I will reinvest any profits into marketing this anthology and/or doing another one. If it sells really well, I will distribute up to 70% of the income to my fellow writers based on your level of contribution. I’m a very fair person and we’ll figure it out together.
Distribution: Initially Amazon only via KDP Select, then I will go wide to the other retailers. I’m aiming for a paperback version as well but my minimum cost to produce that alone is about $125. The intended publication date is Monday, April 27, 2016.
License: You retain your copyright. Most authors do not want to release their works under a Creative Commons or public domain license. So if you want a public domain or Creative Commons anthology, let me know. We can do a separate one with a more liberal license for those authors who want to participate.
- Submit as many stories as you want.
- Must be a story with a beginning, middle and end.
- At least one of your submitted stories must not be previously published elsewhere.
- Any genre is welcome.
- Ideally 1,000 words per story, absolute maximum 5,000 words. No minimum.
- You must have it proofread prior to submission.
- Format: docx, txt, markdown, HTML or anything reasonable.
To submit a story email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- This text: I, [insert your name], affirm that I am granting a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use the donated content as part of the anthology “Flash Liberty 2016,” (title subject to change) edited by George Donnelly. Once the anthology is published I promise to promote it to the best of my ability through my author website, mailing list(s) and social media account(s).
- The story, attached or downloadable, not inline.
- Author Name or Pen Name
- Author Website (I’ll link to this at the end of your bio)
- Bio (75 words, no links)
Pretty please don’t publish your original stories elsewhere until after the anthology is published.
P.S. Subscribe to my Author Collaboration List now to be the first to find out about opportunities like this.
P.P.S. Here’s another libertarian anthology looking for submissions. Check it out, it might just be your thing!
UPDATE: We’re doing it again in 2017. Email me for details.
Photo credit: Jeronimo Sanz CC-BY