This blog is about …
- Preparing you for mental freedom; i.e., to carry the new society in your heart.
- Designing and implementing an orderly transition to a new libertarian society.
- Helping you defend yourself from the ravages of (government) aggression.
Libertarianism is not about engineering society to get your desired outcome. It’s about mutual liberation so each of us can decide for ourself what kind of life we want – and then go after it. The obvious caveat is if you hurt someone else while you’re doing it, you’re going to have a bad time.
This is a paradigm shift from typical governmental politics, where coalitions of followers submit to a less-than-democratic process which pits their leaders against others’ leaders to see who will dictate whose life to whom. This is the process that leads to empires, wars, a privileged class, an enslaved class, poverty, environmental destruction, corporate greed, police oppression under color of law and jam-packed prisons. Don’t be surprised if it takes you awhile to make the cognitive shift. My evolution is measured in years of intensive independent study and I hope it will never be complete.
What I Do
My work is to market liberty to the world. I do this via thought-provoking articles on this website, guest posts, print media, podcast and radio interviews, mainstream media interviews, advocacy projects both online and in the real world, mentoring, community building and the founding and operation of counter-economic enterprises. You can see some of my projects here.
How to Support my Work
Your support, in whatever form you deem appropriate, enables me to do more. If you want to live in a freer world and if you want that for your kids, like I do, then you need to support people like me. I made the conscious decision early in life to abandon the traditional job-mortgage paradigm in favor of a more mobile and agile life. This puts me in the unique position of being able to take on projects no one else can or will. And I have met with surprising success. But I need your support, especially financial support, in order to continue and expand my work. Thanks to those of you who have enabled me to get this far.
- Read what I write, think about it and start a conversation with the other readers and myself about it.
- Make a (recurring) donation with Bitcoin or via WePay. This enables me to continue my work of marketing liberty on a regular basis.
- Buy one of my forthcoming books.
- Hire me to make you a website or do most any kind of IT work: Hire Me.
- Stay in touch by subscribing to my email list.
- Listen to The Art of Liberty Podcast.
- Write me a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Interview me for your blog, podcast, radio show, etc.
- Publish my work in your blog, newsletter, periodical, etc. It’s copyright-free.
- Share my website or any article via email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Stumbleupon, etc. with your network.
- Tell me what to write about. Email me at [email protected].
What Other People Say About Me
- What he’s doing “is like an act of terrorism.” – Whoopi Goldberg
- “One of the most energetic and principled activists for individual liberty I know.” – Kevin Carson (Center for a Stateless Society)
- “Put him on a watchlist.” – Joy Behar
- “A rare mix of principles, skills and drive.” – Jim Babb (We Won’t Fly)
- “Irresponsible.” – TSA administrator John Pistole
- “George is a national-level super-activist!” – Mark Edge (Free Talk Live)
- “I’d like to put my foot up his ass.” – anonymous US Marshal
- “Displayed tremendous leadership, innovation and diligence.” – Jim Lesczynski
- “Fuck you … you wont change anything.” – anonymous TSA agent
- “George’s enthusiasm and professionalism is infectious.” – Ernie Hancock (Freedom’s Phoenix)
- “If you get too close to me with that camera, I’ll take it out of your hand and ram it down your throat.” – anonymous Philadelphia federal court security officer
- “One of the best project managers I’ve worked with.” – William Pearson
- “Anti-authoritarian.” – Institute of Terrorism Research and Response (Pennsylvania homeland security bulletin)
- “I have seen George demonstrate courage and passion.” – Prof. Gary Chartier
- “Shut up!” – Michael Bolinsky, Plymouth Township Pennsylvania police department.
- “On my short list of people who get things done.” – Tom Knapp (Center for a Stateless Society)
- CNN’s Most Intriguing People, Nov 24, 2010
- Golden Handcuffs FIJA award, PorcFest 2010. (Thanks Tarrin!)
- Sam Adams Alliance Irreverent Messenger Award with Jim Babb, Nov 30, 2010
Got something to say about me? Let me know! Email me at [email protected].
About George Donnelly
I’m George Donnelly, a transnational libertarian activist, satyagrahi (Gandhian nonviolence practicioner), guru-level IT guy, serial entrepreneur, Aikido newbie, vegetarian, videographer, unschooling dad & mutualist anarchist. I like to blog, take photos, go hiking and eat chocolate, too.
I’m a survivor of vicious physical and emotional child abuse at the hands of my father. I left home at 17. I graduated with honors in history from the University of Chicago. I’ve worked in sales, as a Chicago cab driver, in investment banking, teaching, information technology and firearms safety. I’ve lived in the US, Japan and Colombia.
I’m building a bright new libertarianism, one intriguing idea at a time, on a foundation of respect for life and using concepts such as mutual aid, dual power, heart unity and counter-economics. My tactics are individual principled action, satyagraha and leading by example. Join me as we plot a course to a future of complete liberty (and responsibility)!
As an activist, I’m most noted for my arrest and framing by US marshals in May, 2010 and my participation, with Jim Babb and thousands of other upstanding folks, in raising an international ruckus about TSA scoping and groping in airports in November, 2010 (the We Won’t Fly campaign).
You should take a look at the projects I’m currently working on.
Please email me at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you. Let’s also connect on social media.
I have been featured or quoted in: